Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Specialized P-Street I just picked up used, I am a tall guy (6-4) and need a long and strong stem.....any good ideas??

thanks......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Huh? Longer stem? I'm 6' 2" and I wouldn't put a longer stem on one. Longer stems feel goofy when you are pulling stunts and put too much of your weight over the front wheel.

If anything, you should be looking for a longer frame.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I just found the P-Street's geometry. That thing has a 22.75" top tube length. That's long. Not many bikes are longer than that. My Steelhead has a 22.25" top tube and I run a normal BMX stem on it.

Is this a new style of riding for you? Street/park bikes don't fit like XC bikes. You should be spending most of your time standing up with your weight just slightly back. Lower your seat to knee level when standing with the pedals level and ride around like it's a BMX bike.

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Check out the Truvativ Holzfeller DH Stem, it has a 75mm reach. Most bmx style stems like this have around a 50mm reach. I think you'll want to stick with this style, as opposed to an XC style stem (even though you could find longer reaches in that style)...

Browse around here... you can see the lengths and photos on the same page...

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com...goryID=685&CurrentPageIndex=1&SortExpression=

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.