Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who upgraded forks on your 170mm bikes and up what do you do with your factory.....sell of ebay or keep for spare? Just curious!:thumbsup:

·
Shop *****
943 Posts
Sell it locally, normally. I've done it twice with my old forks. Just FYI: They go for almost NO money after they are used :\

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks just looking at long travel forks for a build up just untill i can afford a great fork. I really havent made up my mind about what I want as far as that goes.

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,796 Posts
lownslo said:
cool thanks just looking at long travel forks for a build up just untill i can afford a great fork. I really havent made up my mind about what I want as far as that goes.
i've got a friend with a devolved sherman slider for $100 with firm springs... very little use as he rides his DJ bike more...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
devolved?? sorry do you have any pictures or can you get any pictures of it? I might be interested. Made by manitou right!

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Hold on to it.

The best thing I have done with a fork, especially a used one was to just hold onto it. Someday you might need a fork, you know? That is, unless you can get some serious dough out of it. If the fork is brand new, you have a decent chance of making some money for it. But, as someone said earlier, if it is used, you might not get much at all for it. At least not as much as you would have hoped.

Honestly, if it is a lower-end fork you might as well hold onto it. You never know when you might want to throw that 170mm on as a back-up for your or a friends bike. Forks are one of the spendy items on a bike build and used forks in good shape are hard to come by.

BTW,
I do not know what a "devolved" sherman slider is, but a sherman in decent shape for $100, you can't be that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am really intrested in that but i have read that they don't last a long time. depending on how long he has had it will determine if i get it and shipping haha. Thanks for your help!

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,796 Posts
lownslo said:
devolved?? sorry do you have any pictures or can you get any pictures of it? I might be interested. Made by manitou right!
devolved meaning the SPV valve was taken out making it similar to a fork with TPC damping... Fork is the same as the one on my bike in this pic...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts