Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked on the Openspace.org site, and they now have Long Ridge & Peters Creek listed as open to bikes now. Anyone want to start a weekly after work ride in the Saratoga Gap area? I'm planning on riding there once a week or so around 5:30 for a few hours.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Its about time

Maybe this saturday morning we can do a ride up at the gap since its open now. You know me and how i like that place quite a bit. Its a fun singletrack and for the most part its a good ride, but I always fall on the dumbest things. Can't wait to see what this years rains have brought to the area.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Love it there

Rode an out and back from Windy Hill to Saratoga and back this weekend. Good to have it open again.

jorgemonkey said:
I looked on the Openspace.org site, and they now have Long Ridge & Peters Creek listed as open to bikes now. Anyone want to start a weekly after work ride in the Saratoga Gap area? I'm planning on riding there once a week or so around 5:30 for a few hours.

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love being able to get in a 26 mile or so ride in after work. I usually ride from Hwy 9 & Skyline over to Windy Hill, then back again. I'm plannin on riding up there wed after work, probably gonna end up goin down grizzly, then up Table Mtn and back so I can get home in time to take my GF out to dinner :D

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
Bummed

I was out there yesterday for an afterwork ride and Long Ridge & Peter's creek were closed - URGHHH!!! And to top it off I had a lovely slow speed crash on a boulder :mad:

There were also rangers out there on horseback - some guy got nailed goin down Charcoal Rd the wrong way

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was there Monday around 4:30 and was dissapointed also. I parked where the Saratoga Gap trail crosses Skyline and turns into fireroad, and rode up and back on the fireroad first. When I came back past my truck to ride the saratoga gap singletrack I saw a bunch of those guys gearing up where I had parked. I almost asked if I could join them (I kinda figured they weren't going to use 8 inch travel bikes to just ride back and forth on the saratoga gap trail and I've never riden down Charcoal Rd, only up) I'm glad that I didn't though. I can't afford a ticket. :) Sorry about your crash though, it was still pretty slippery out there.

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those rangers just love hangin out at Charcoal road now from what I've heard. On my shorter route I usually start from Hwy 9 & Skyline, then ride the Gap and do Long Ridge, down Grizzly, then climb Table Mtn and Charcoal road, and I've seen them a few times. I was about to leave yesterday to go ride up there, but figured I'd check the openspace.org site, and they had listed them as closed :( So I did a good hard ride at Santa Teresa instead. I'm totally itchin to ride up there again!!

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't remember seeing that thread, but I do remember last year 3 or 4 times getting passed by a small group of guys who were flying down Charcoal rd and the Table Mountain singletrack. You could tell where they had made drops and other small trails off to the side of the road. Well whenever the trails dry out I guess we'll see if they're back this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.