Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im wanting a STP1 for park use, but wondering if anyone does serious miles on theirs? i guess i gotta ride 15km+ to find some areas. Are they comfy for that distance? Im 6' and was looking at the 14" frame. thanks

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
if your just like goign out and pedaling i wouldnt advice it. if your like going 15km's and just sessioning everythign you see, its fun as hell. ive done that afew times on mine and its awesome. but like actually going out and pedaling her isnt so much fun....but i just dont like pedaling at all really haha.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just bought the LARGE and did a frame build.
I use it to putz around with the kids and I can say it ain't very comfy at a long distance.
Maybe I am biased cause I like 8" of suspension.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Kevin B said:
Hey guys, im wanting a STP1 for park use, but wondering if anyone does serious miles on theirs? i guess i gotta ride 15km+ to find some areas. Are they comfy for that distance? Im 6' and was looking at the 14" frame. thanks
I'm 5'10" with a large. I got it to ride around town and places where the squish of my dualie bike did not feel fun or right. I would not use it as a bike for XC rides or epics, but I have found myself riding some trails, distance and even pulling daughter and niece in the Burley. It's great for a 6 mi urban route to a place with jumps and back, going nowhere in the neighborhood and track standing behind my little girl with her training wheel bike.

The large size and swapping the saddle for a WTB Power V Race has a lot to do with comfort motoring across town or to ride places.

http://www.wtb.com/products/saddle_powerv.html

I don't know what else you've tested, but the STP was more fun and easy for covering ground than the 4 other make/model bikes I tested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.