Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all of you
I am in progress to make all necessary arrangements to ride for 6 to 8 weeks in South America. It would be a single ride. any bike, supplement suggestions? more...anything that you think it would help in making the ride more enjoyable (in your opinion). thanks and hope for large response.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
meca_nic-
Personal opinions:
Hardtail. Nothing hydraulic on bike. Rigid fork. I like gears, so I'd use them but carry, *gasp* an extra rear derailuer. I'd seriously consider not running a front deraillier. I'd use only high quality parts- plan on spending 1000 USD for a bike.
I'm guessing this will be a very remote ride with no chance for parts/ high-end bike shops. Therfore, keep it simple and high quality.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about steel frame, sram or shimano high end or one step down components. you right about the rigid fork. there will be no part swap place on the way. few tubes, one spare tire (maybe two), chain, lubricant. I don't mind pay for the bike $1K. any ideas for a good bikes for that kind of ride?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.