Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you or anyone you know have a 21” 1996 Trek 7000 ZX? They had a distinctive purple powder coat paint job. It was the best looking bike I’d ever seen when I saw it in the bike store that day 17 years ago. Mine eventually had a cable bracket on top of the top tube get a little lose. I took it in to get it repaired and when I came back they replaced the whole frame. I’m sure they thought I’d be happy but I was heartbroken. And the old frame was long gone.
If you have one and can spare it let’s talk.
Larry
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It will be better for you to buy a new trek and have someone paint it in the color you want!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a 19.5 but my buddy has a 21. I will reach out to him to see if he wants to sell it.

It was my first mtb and I have it setup as a single speed winter commuter right now.

They did a matte and glossy? Which finish do you prefer?

Are you looking for the frame and all the OEM parts?

How do you plan to ride this bike?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
When a guy repainted my bike before he said he couldn't do the purple powder coat and it would be hard for most to do it. I don't know if this true or not. But, I love the decals, too. I don't know if it would be even possible to get those.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be great! Matte definitely. Just like the one below that Borbntm posted. I'd like a complete bike but yeah the frame is what I'm really interested in. Having the original front fork would be great, too. I'd ride it on crushed rock trails and a little on the street.
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In hindsight, I probably should have gone 19.5. I'm actually using it for single track now since my son is getting into it. Before it was a city bike/heavy duty Ragbrai bagger bike. Now my 21 is feeling kind of big going up and down all the craziness. Being more nimble would be good. :)

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
38,777 Posts
I’ll have what he’s ^ having.

A 5 year thread bump that makes zero sense.

·
38,777 Posts
in hindsight, you should avoid bumping ancient threads unless you have a really, really good reason. the forum gods frown upon you.
I am not a “forum god”. I simple read a post that makes zero sense by the op of a very old thread. If it made sense I wouldn’t have said anything. Maybe if he quoted the post he was referring to it would have made more sense, my apologies to you the op and all that I offended.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for my embarrassing faux pas. I thought this would only be seen by the little "Trek 7000 ZX Club" I found 5 years ago. I'm sure that was the only time previously I've ever been part of a forum and am pretty clueless about their reach. Well until 2023, good riding everyone.

·
38,777 Posts
Sorry for my embarrassing faux pas. I thought this would only be seen by the little "Trek 7000 ZX Club" I found 5 years ago. I'm sure that was the only time previously I've ever been part of a forum and am pretty clueless about their reach. Well until 2023, good riding everyone.
No need to run. Hopefully this will become the “Trek 7000 ZX Club”. Maybe also try the Trek forum as Net Wurker suggested 5 years ago. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts