Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
THELAND photographer
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all....

Im headed up to Long lake in the adirondacks and will be smack dab in the middle of the lake...on the lake and need some info on where to ride. I should have a GPS so im good to go anywhere and im riding a 5 inch travel bike so im not really limited as to where i can ride..its just where should i go I saw that Sabattis mountain isnt too far off from where im staying...a quick 3 mile ride but trails.....? Lend me a hand here

Thanks

any info helps.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
i generally view the adk park as not being mtb friendly. most mtn trails are for hiking only. paddling at and around long lake is awesome, but i'm not familiar with any mtb spots. be sure to eat breakfast at the diner across from hoss's. if you find anywhere to ride up there, let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good luck with that. Most places in the ADKs have grown so thick that hiking off trail is tough, let alone biking. There is a really good set of trail maps for the whole ADKs that can be found at most outdoor stores in the state. Check out the one for that region and you may find some ridable old roads or trails.

I know mtb is off limits on the high peaks trails, but I have no idea what the rules are any where else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.