Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was just wondering if there is a group on the Island for mountain bike trail riding?

1. Name of club
2. Membership
3. Events for 2010

I live in Pt. Washington and would like to start trail riding this year; I've been putting it off for to long!

Thanks,

BRC

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm from queens, but in jersey these last 10 years. the mtb out here is good. also westchester has blue & sprain. lots of folks seem to like blue

on the island i used to just meander on the path next to wantagh parkway to jones beach:thumbsup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I used to ride Blue when I lived in Westchester. It's an awesome place to go and from what I understand is that it's better now then when I was riding there (88-97). It's about 1 1/2 hours from the Farmingdale area.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have two garmin's and a delorme pn-40

this route was from the foreuner 405, it's handy since i run, but its no good in water. i acually used my pn-40 too, as the trail is not marked so good, in fact last time I tried the blue trail running I got so lost

here's the route on the delorme topo 8

for some reason hi mtn is not in green on many maps

·
Registered
476 Posts
joining the thread late, but I am an Islander also. In Port Washington, your closest trails would be Stillwell (Syosset) and Cunningham Park (Queens). If you do not mind driving some, there are a lot more. You can go East and ride a lot more trails.

BTW, Stillwell can be riddien from Syosset to Bethpage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the response guys'; I am looking forward to riding this season and meeting some new people along the way...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts