Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at the very limit of the 375mm seatpost that came standard with my Anthem 29er and would like to upgrade to a longer one. I've seen an aluminium 450mm one Wiggle | Gusset Lofty 450mm Seat Post | Seat Posts , but would prefer to go carbon for the small weight saving but mostly the flex. Anyone know of a long carbon one (at least 425mm but preferably 450mm) in 30.9 diameter? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
I'm with TooTallUK on this one...

while I understand wanting carbon for the weight and supposed comfort a relatively thin shaft on a long lever right below my arse is the last place I want to find it.... there is a reason why the standard for big boy seatposts is Thomson... if you are looking for a little more comfort drop your rear tire a few PSI... most people I run into are running more pressure than they need and that can make a huge difference in both traction and comfort.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap! Try to buy local, which is really hard!
938 Posts
I completely agree with TooTallUK and donalson!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. What you say makes sense and I'll go alu. Surfdog, I've got a 435mm LEV dropper on my other bike (a Trance) and it has a reassuringly large amount inside the tube, but I want to avoid the cost and complexity of a dropper on the Anthem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.