Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put a set of Elixirs on my bike and the hoses are about 18 feet to long. lol Has anyone tried to cut down Elixir lines yet? Does the Avid bleed kit work as advertised for these brakes? Anything else i will need??

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just got a pair of Elixir CRs and the rear is just barely long enough, the front though is way too long. This is my first pair of Avid hydros so it's time to pick up a bleed kit.

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
CheeseSoda said:
Perhaps, Sean, you have them switched around?
Sounds likely. Though if the front brake is long enough to work as a rear thats still a long-ass front brake!

My buddy has Elixer CR's on his jump bike and he loves having long hoses so he can spin his bars.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
I don't know applicable this is but when I bought my Juicy's, I talked to Avid/SRAM about the length hosing. The person told me that the Juicy's were made with a few different hose lengths for the front/rear. Which explained to me why some people never had to cut the front down and some had some really long hoses. Maybe that's the same way with the Elixirs. The woman said that there was no way to tell which one you got....which seems lame to me because it wouldn't be that hard to label the boxes with the hose lengths.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.