Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys organize trip to whistler?
which accommodation is best?
Airbrb , hotel, motel ?
Does hotel have bike wash station?
Does airline allow you to bring lube, soap to wash bike

· Registered
1,741 Posts
You fly in to airport and rent a vehicle or take a bus up there, Greyhound is no longer operating but I'd bet there are independent bus companies that do regular trips.
Best places to stay depends on how much you want to spend, airbnb would be a good bet, or there might be hostels there but my bet is they arent cheap and probably $50-$60 a bed for a 8 bed dorm, a normal room probably $150-$200.
Not sure about hotels having wash stations, but I am sure there would be something somewhere there to do that.
You can bring lube and soap in the checked in luggage not carry one.
Just contact the bus company about the bike, does it need to be boxed or what.

Here is a bus not sure if they are independent or operated prior to the dog aka greyhound

· Registered
20,208 Posts
I like the Sundial hotel right in front of the gondola. They have a bike valet service to secure your bike when you're not using it. There's a wash station at the base that everyone can use. One thing that I've run into is that a lot of the lodging specifically forbids taking bikes inside. They might offer locking storage but it could be janky. The Aava hotel is the other place I've found that has bike valet service.

Picard, this video might be helpful:

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,079 Posts
Wait, Picard is going too? Now I don’t want to go.

Reactions: nhodge

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the Sundial hotel right in front of the gondola. They have a bike valet service to secure your bike when you're not using it. There's a wash station at the base that everyone can use. One thing that I've run into is that a lot of the lodging specifically forbids taking bikes inside. They might offer locking storage but it could be janky. The Aava hotel is the other place I've found that has bike valet service.

Picard, this video might be helpful:
sundial rate is sky high. what about blackcomb lodge or Crystal hotel?

· Destroyer of Worlds
476 Posts
sundial rate is sky high. what about blackcomb lodge or Crystal hotel?
Yeah, but there's no better location if you're going to the bike park (or skiing or snowboarding). If you trip, your head will land in the line-up. And it's a nice hotel.

If you are more budget-conscious, something like Lost Lake Lodge is a five-minute ride from Whistler Base. It has a bike lock-up room and wash-up area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.