Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
old man riding!
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if some of you guys who have done Lodi before can give me some info on the conditions(camping,water,electric,etc.)so I will know what I will need to bring? thanks:thumbsup:

·
veinte nueve pulgadas
419 Posts
survey says...

bring everything. there's no water, and no electric. i have a dvd with some footage of 2k6 Lodi and Big Bear. If we ever manage to ride together again, I could bring you a copy.

they have porta-pots, but thats about all. there was a keg last year. and some coffee in the AM.

I personally develop awful chills between laps, so I'm planning on bringing a propane heater this year (no fires allowed). You going the solo route?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nzumbi hit the nail on the head here, if you have it bring it. Water, food, beer, a pop-up tent is great also. May be wise to bring a little extra TP too, I remember we started running a little low in the late AM.
It did get a little chilly around 3-5 AM last year, so each an eye on the weather leading up to the race weekend on the amount on clothing to bring.

·
old man riding!
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Kevin whats up ? I hope you had a good holiday! I'm not sure if I want to attempt a solo try my first time doing a 12 hr?? I was wondering what gear do you run at Lodi? What ever you are using I'll probably go a gear easier. Will they allow the use of a propane stove?What are you riding and are you doing solo? later Joe

·
veinte nueve pulgadas
419 Posts
If you need a warm up, race Poor Farm in the enduro class. Its only 5 hours, but at least it would be a taste. I don't know if I'll be doing any solo stuff or not. My leaning now is towards duo with my buddy from last year, but I do feel compelled to try the solo thing. Propane stoves are A-OK. That's what we cooked our feast on last year.

If I was going to try my first solo, I might hold out for the 12 Hours of Cranky Monkey...no night laps.

I'm in 32x18 now and will probably stay there for the foreseeable future. I'll likely opt for a 19 or 20 out back when the SM100 rolls around, assuming I maintain the desire to SS everything this year. I have a 1x9 collecting dust in the garage. Once I SS the SM100, I'll feel comfy ditching the 9 speed (or converting it).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.