Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to check this place out as a stopping point on a road trip and understand there is some sort of day fee. Is that paid by honor system at the parking lot or how does that work? I'm more than willing to pay, but just want to know how it works. Thanks in advance.

·
What bruise?
64 Posts
Just finished my first ride there. Yes, $5.00 and sign the release form, at the trailhead...and it is the honor system. fambe.org site got me there but the site doesn't mention a day pass that I could find.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Very Easy I ride there often most of trail is very easy to follow but a couple spots can be confusing if you dont you havent been there before. I am close PM if you need someone to show you around.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I can't take you up on it. I've already come and gone...today. Definitely some nice, flowy trails you have there. I was able to find my way very well. The only spot that I got a little twisted up is on the south end of the map...once you come back over the river and then run the boardwalk, you can get "sucked" back toward the parking area. You need to take a right on the other end of the boardwalk. Once I did that, then it was easy to follow the trails on the west side of the river, too.

One weird thing today - thousands of inch worms "dripping down" from the trees. It would've been handy to have someone leading the way clear them all. As it was, I had to stop every so often and wipe them off from all over me. It was especially bad in the first couple miles. Definitely needed to keep your mouth closed. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts