Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Have a question for servicing my BB30+ shell on my bike. I installed ceramic bearings into the BB shell with Loctite 609. I got two solid years out of the installation click/creak free. I am now hearing clicks down there and I want to press the bearings out and reinstall with 609.

Is there anyway to remove the old 609 residue without heat? Do I even need to remove the residue before reinstalling the bearings with a fresh thin coat of 609?

Any tips experiences appreciated!

Cheers,
G

·
Super Moderator
4,922 Posts
https://cloudfront.zoro.com/enhanced_pdf/ZIaRfZYGeux6nGQkFKQUidn1adUQXZYy-PfRg4KQZq.PDF

Removal instructions are here. Carbon or aluminum shell?

Some of the helicopter forums are suggesting rubbing alcohol and a wire brush. Of all the solvents I've seen mentioned RA is the least aggressive, which if you have a carbon frame/shell is important. If you have an Aluminum frame/shell you can go a little harder with solvents and mechanical removal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys,

Have a question for servicing my BB30+ shell on my bike. I installed ceramic bearings into the BB shell with Loctite 609. I got two solid years out of the installation click/creak free. I am now hearing clicks down there and I want to press the bearings out and reinstall with 609.

Is there anyway to remove the old 609 residue without heat? Do I even need to remove the residue before reinstalling the bearings with a fresh thin coat of 609?

Any tips experiences appreciated!

Cheers,
G
hey probably too late try using a chain cleaning solution and give it 15 to 60 minutes. or checkout here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.