Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
SurgeTheScurge said:
Is it possible to lock up this fork so it has zero travel? I want it to be as rigid as possible since I do not have the cash for a new fork yet.

Thanks.
Yeah, open up the caps on the crown and pour in fork oil, all the way to the top. Either on one or both sides.

_MK

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Aren't the MZ all elastomers and springs???

If so, I don't know if the seals will hold up to the task of having oil inside... not to mention keep it in.

I have a SR Suntour that's fairly stiff for a 150-160 pounds rider... It's all beaten up. BUt shipping from Mexico will not be fast, maybe not even cheap. I got rid of it because it's too stiff (and it has the poorest technology around).

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Warp2003 said:
Aren't the MZ all elastomers and springs???

If so, I don't know if the seals will hold up to the task of having oil inside... not to mention keep it in.

I have a SR Suntour that's fairly stiff for a 150-160 pounds rider... It's all beaten up. BUt shipping from Mexico will not be fast, maybe not even cheap. I got rid of it because it's too stiff (and it has the poorest technology around).
Yeah, good call. I didn't think about that. It's worth a shot though. Try one leg and see how it holds up.

_MK

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Martin.mac.au said:
How about just getting some solid spacers of the right diameter and using those. It would certainly result in a rigid fork, so long as the damn thing didn't self destruct.
Now that you mention it... wouldn't it be better a rigid fork then?? A cheap chinese one made out of steel would be just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.