Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to ride quite a bit and now I am starting to ride again. This weekend I noticed a phenomonom where I'll be riding and when I get close to something (steep edge, tree, etc) my body will sort of "freeze" or lock out and go in a straight line. What's this called and once it happens do you have any tips on how to break out of it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
yes, like cmshooter said do NOT look where you don't want to go. It's easier said than done. Always look ahead where you want to go. For example, if you see two tight trees you have to go between, look at them in advance to make sure you are heading in the right direction between them then look ahead past them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
yes, like cmshooter said do NOT look where you don't want to go. It's easier said than done. Always look ahead where you want to go. For example, if you see two tight trees you have to go between, look at them in advance to make sure you are heading in the right direction between them then look ahead past them.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Maybe you need to practice the things that freeze you, in smaller scale. Smaller edges, smaller trees, ... After a while they might not seem so threatening.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
you'll eventually get pretty damaged and sore joints, knee and elbow pain, a stiff neck maybe, etc.. you'll either have to stop, or stop riding. just practice keeping loose, eventually you'll always ride loose.

just remember you're more in control if you're not stiff!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.