Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Teen Wolf
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my lock ring is deaded. Stripped. Me being stupid while drinking too many beers. I need to order a new one. What the heck do I need to order? I usually have my LBS order them, but since I'm in no hurry I figured I'd just order a couple online. The descriptions I keep seeing are "track cog lock rings." This isn't for a track hub though, it's for a bontrager mustang disc wheelset... What part do I need exactly? thanks!

·
Teen Wolf
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lock ring has threads on it. The hub itself is ok, I'm going to put a space between my cog and the lockring just to be safe. The one you posted looks like it just slides on the hub body. I need one that you thread and then use a chainwhip and a wrench to tighten. Is any standard track lock right going to be ok?

·
Teen Wolf
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh... ok. it's a singlespeed hub. ive purchased these before. i don't even own a geared bike.

it's thread on, i just get confused because all the lock rings say left hand thread track cog lock rings. is that right? its a wtb laserdisc single duty hub if that helps.

i need the black piece that holds the cog on... i swear it looks nothing like what you posted above.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Fishcreek's got the right one. A BB lockring for those threads (although the end of the freehub is probably also internally threaded, allowing you to use the lockrings others have posted (with a couple more spacers installed)).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.