Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Steel and teeth.
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Loch Raven Trail Users--

Project Clean Stream 2011 is set for April 2nd, from 9am - 12pm.

Please mark your calendars as this will be MORE's first trail work day for 2011. We are looking again to make a huge impact at this event to underscore the significant effect we have at Loch Raven.

We are investigating new sites that have significant trash problems. So, if you know of any around Loch Raven, please email me with a description of the site ASAP.

Lastly, we are looking for a handful of volunteers to pull BOB trailers from the trail to the trailhead. If you have a BOB or is you are interested in pulling one of our BOBs, shoot me a line.

Again, thank you for your continued support and patience!

Cheers,
Bob Compton and Dave Blum, MORE Trail Liaisons for Loch Raven

·
Steel and teeth.
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Map

A map of the work site is available here.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask.

d./

·
Steel and teeth.
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Hey Everyone--

We wanted to take a moment to thank you all for participating in our first trail work day (Project Clean Stream 2011)!
It was great to see everyone out there volunteering for the resource we all utilize in a multitude of ways.

Just a few stats:
We had 55 people attend and remove ~1600 lbs. of trash from the North Shore of Merrymens along nearly 2 miles of shoreline.

Thanks again for braving the cold and inclement weather! We are off to a great start thanks to you!

Cheers,
Bob Compton and Dave Blum, MORE Trail Liaisons for Loch Raven

·
Steel and teeth.
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StillBoostin said:
When are you gonna do another clean up. Alot of trees down, can I bring a chain saw or two?
Can you shoot me a PM on where the downed trees are? We have another trail work day coming up soon in need of some work locations.

Thanks,
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts