Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive finally got around to doing up a video of my local trails here in Wagga, Australia. Pomingala Reserve, a 15min ride from my place:D I tried to make it a bit smoother after some advice from my last video.

Enjoy

·
since 4/10/2009
34,397 Posts
Pretty nice. It is pretty smooth, but some other constructive criticism (I hope folks provide me some when I get to doing my own vids soon).

You need to adjust that camera up. I want to see more of what's in front of you, not your knees (and even your shoes in some cases). The repetitive motion of your knees draws my eyes away from what you're riding.

Also, a lot of your clip transitions are very abrupt jumps. Smooth them out some.

You probably don't need 1080p HD, to be honest. Too much time waiting for it to download, not enough time watching. Record in a lower resolution and you'll take up a bit less space for storage on your machine.

·
Banned
48 Posts
NateHawk said:
Also, a lot of your clip transitions are very abrupt jumps. Smooth them out some.

You probably don't need 1080p HD, to be honest. Too much time waiting for it to download, not enough time watching. Record in a lower resolution and you'll take up a bit less space for storage on your machine.
My recommendation would be for folks to ignore the advice above. It's misguided on a number of fronts.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NateHawk said:
I want to see more of what's in front of you, not your knees (and even your shoes in some cases). The repetitive motion of your knees draws my eyes away from what you're riding.
Just admit it, its my legs that are so sexy which is why they grabbed your attention. :D I have to agree, it kinda looks like im riding with my legs around my ears. The camera is adjusted as upright as possible so im thinking of trying to move it higher up my chest and see what that does. Other wise I will have to adjust the mounting plate.

NateHawk said:

One thing on the clip transitions, what I was trying to do was separate different parts of the track. So for instance, if it was the same climb I would fade into and out of each clip and if it was a new section I broke it up with some blank frames. I think this is a bit easier on the eye than just going straight into the nest clip (I was given that as a tip after my last video and I think it works well).

I think ill disagree with the recording in 1080p HD but, normally I embed the video in non HD and let the user decide weather he or she wants to watch in a beter format. This time I embedded using HD so it takes longer to download. I shouldn't do that as I have a rather slow internet connection so I don't really like it when other people do it.

Thanks for the comments guys. Ill look out for your vid's and try and reciprocate Nate.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,397 Posts
Ben_M said:
Just admit it, its my legs that are so sexy which is why they grabbed your attention. :D I have to agree, it kinda looks like im riding with my legs around my ears. The camera is adjusted as upright as possible so im thinking of trying to move it higher up my chest and see what that does. Other wise I will have to adjust the mounting plate.

One thing on the clip transitions, what I was trying to do was separate different parts of the track. So for instance, if it was the same climb I would fade into and out of each clip and if it was a new section I broke it up with some blank frames. I think this is a bit easier on the eye than just going straight into the nest clip (I was given that as a tip after my last video and I think it works well).

I think ill disagree with the recording in 1080p HD but, normally I embed the video in non HD and let the user decide weather he or she wants to watch in a beter format. This time I embedded using HD so it takes longer to download. I shouldn't do that as I have a rather slow internet connection so I don't really like it when other people do it.

Thanks for the comments guys. Ill look out for your vid's and try and reciprocate Nate.
On the mounting issue, I hear of a lot of folks flipping the camera upside down to achieve a higher view with the chesty mount.

You do have nice transitions in many places, but there are still places where the transition is very abrupt, for example, at about 0:47.

Regarding resolution, you embedded it fine at a lower resolution, so yeah, choosing is entirely up to the viewer. I was just commenting about it because even though I have the hardware to view 1080p content in its full glory, I frequently find myself stepping down to 720p because I'm too impatient to wait for the 1080p to load. I may change my mind once my GoPro arrives later in the week and I start playing with it.

Did I mention I like the tunes?

·
Yes, that's fonetic
3,893 Posts
Ben_M said:
The camera is adjusted as upright as possible so im thinking of trying to move it higher up my chest and see what that does. Other wise I will have to adjust the mounting plate..
Did you try mounting it upside down? You can angle the camera up any degree that way, just set the camera in UPd mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.