Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Older than I feel
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bigfoot - 11-1/2 EEE to be precise. And I'm in need of some new SPD compatible shoes. Where can I find a large selection to try on in the South Bay? TIA.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Actually I too would like a recommendation on this one. I have extra wide short fore foot, and its annoying as hell trying to find a shoe. All my LBS that i know of seem to have the same small selection (almost always 200 dollar sidi).

·
Older than I feel
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not opposed to spending $200 for a good pair of cycling shoes, but even the Sidi Megas aren't that good a fit on my flippers.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I would just love a Bay Area bike shop

chucko58 said:
I'm a bigfoot - 11-1/2 EEE to be precise. And I'm in need of some new SPD compatible shoes. Where can I find a large selection to try on in the South Bay? TIA.
That didn't carry the same Sidi, Specialized, Cdale shoes that everyone else carries.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
You know who else had a really big shoe?

May be lost on some of you young-uns.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How about Sportsbasement in Sunnyvale? It's off Lawrence Expressway. I was just there today and it looked like they had a decent selection.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I actually have sidi megas for road biking, but I don't want to spend big money on mountain bike shoes when they basically get destroyed so quickly.

·
Medium?
6,728 Posts
Dominators come in your size in wide. Look up their dealers on their site and call them all until you find them. I'm guessing you're a 44.5 or a 45? My feet are wide too, but not wide enough for Sidi's wide size. They should be perfect for you.

·
Older than I feel
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My current shoes are Sidi Dominator 5 in 46 Mega and they're marginally too narrow and short. They have never been very comfortable, they just kinda fit. A 46.5 Mega might work. But I'd like other options.

I'd buy from Nashbar but not before trying the same shoe locally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts