Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to our own GreenGoat for 22nd overall 8th in class at 12 Hours of E100. 10 is not 11 but it's better than 9. Hey Chris, did you find a pre-race latte or post-race beer?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks Twisted!
The event almost doubled in size from last year and there were some pretty awesome, superhuman riders there. I wrote a little bit about my experience here

It's weird the things that go through your head on these long rides as the day goes by.. The first couple of laps it was:
How far is that guy behind me? Can I catch that guy in front of me? My time is looking good. Gotta keep my speed up on this climb. I should eat a power bar with a gu and some sport beans at the pit. Passing on your left! I need to adjust my <insert gear that doesn't need to be adjusted here>...

By Lap 10 it was more like:
--random samplings of every pixies song intermittantly flashing through my head-- I wonder what my dog is doing right now? Ow, bump. My butt probably looks like the inards of a grapefruit. Ow, bump. is that right?!? 3.7 mph, how am I upright? Ow, bump. Go around my left!! I hope there is a beer waiting for me..

I was a bit bummed, no pun intended, I didn't get my 11 laps but I bettered my time from last year and most importantly, had fun. I held out on the beer until today as my body was just too trashed.

For future epics, I will be investing in some of this,
http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/ and a new seat. Any recommendations???

Hey Twisted, let me know when you want to do another long day before your event as it should be coming up in july?

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Congrats Chris!!!

I heard it was crowded?

My 8hr butt rest is a Selle Italia Flite Ti-Gel and Demarchi Contour Plus Bibs. The elastomer chamois is muy bueno. Also, I have a set of ti wheels for the hardtail that take the edge of those bumps.....if I am not riding the Blur.

It is odd...when I do long rides...I can't remember what I think about later...or if I even think about anything at all.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did 6 hours on dirt yesterday and the Carpenters song "I'm on top of the World" was swirling around in my head. Over and over and over. In 90 degree heat. It was so not fun.

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that Ive found ever since youve been around
Your loves put me at the top of the world

Good luck getting that out of your head.

(Just sharing the pain.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Visicypher said:
I heard it was crowded?
Thanks!
Yes, it was super crowded in the pit area but the course itself wasn't too bad. I'm a slow, overly cautious, descender and didn't really have to let folks pass too often going downhill as the spacing was pretty good.
There are three major climbs on the course. The first one is like riding up sidewinder. The second is like riding up a slightly longer, steeper version of hulls with more rocks. The third one is a short version of corrals. All in all, none are that bad, they just wear on ya throughout the day.

I'm currently using a selle italia seat as well. It says it has gel in the seat but I don't believe it. Feels like a thin sheet of leather stretched over a piece of metal. I've tried the Pearl Isumi shorts which work great for short rides but the seam around the pad reaps havoc on any ride over 50. Lately, I've been riding with some sugoi tri shorts which have hardly any padding but for straight out long rides it seems to suffice unless it's bumpy. I'll look into the elastomer shorts

·
Registered
320 Posts
who's the who in whoville?

i just wondering who the you is that has inspired you?

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
The Blur is good for bumpy courses. It takes the edge off. I know you understand that after so long in the saddle the little annoying things are what make the ride intolerable, and it is good at keep trail noise annoyances down.

I'll have to do that race next year. I seem to have lost some motivation this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.