Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a mechanic that has expertise on all the dampers that rock shox puts in these forks. Someone who UNDERSTANDS dampening, and routinely fixes these crappy forks. Totem and Lyrik, solo air and dual position, mission control.

Please recommend by name (not shop names)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
If you want local it would help if you stated your location.:confused: RS are pretty easy to work on. If you are dissatisfied with your local shop maybe it's time to man up to DIY.

Otherwise, if you want names Scott at Bike-n-Bean and Dave at Fat Tire in Sedona get my vote. In Flagstaff, Absolute Bikes or Bike Rev. No knowledge of PNX or Tucson shops.

Or, send your fork off to PUSH Industries and get it rebuilt and custom-valve for your weight and riding style. They don't work on the Lyric though as it is already a pretty dang good fork. You could stick an Avalanche cartridge in it though. Good luck.

·
Vincit qui patitur
745 Posts
Push doesn't do Rockshox anymore. Just Fox.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Push doesn't do Rockshox anymore. Just Fox.
Not true. They don't do the Lyrik but they never did. They still service the Pike, Reba, and Revolution.

I have a solo air 2010 Lyrik and it's a pretty sweet fork. It's not great on small bump chatter but I like it on everything else. One thing to do is check the splash oil and make sure there is any in there. You can substitute a synthetic motor oil for the RS 15 wt if you want. I mix 2.5 wt with the stock 5 wt oil in the damper to get a little more plushness out of the fork. You could also try swapping out the air cartridge for a coil. Lots of threads on Lyrik mods in the suspension forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts