Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of in a bind, blew a few spokes and need my wheel fixed up by this weekend. Looking for someone who can get it done quick. I can lace fine, just need someone who can tension and true it for me while replacing the few spokes and nipples. Anyone have any recommendations for a shop/person who stocks spokes/nipples and can do a quick turn around near Union City? Sorry for the OT post. Just getting desperate. thanks

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
Hey Scott,
if you're still desperado by Sat let me know,
I'm not a pro builder but I have wheel stand and tensiometer and have built a few wheelsets myself (that seem to hold well to the abuse of my 200+ fat arse)

And if that still doesn't work you can borrow my Azonic Outlaw set
ZT

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
SJensen said:
Kind of in a bind, blew a few spokes and need my wheel fixed up by this weekend. Looking for someone who can get it done quick. I can lace fine, just need someone who can tension and true it for me while replacing the few spokes and nipples. Anyone have any recommendations for a shop/person who stocks spokes/nipples and can do a quick turn around near Union City? Sorry for the OT post. Just getting desperate. thanks
Drive down to my work at Tasman and 880 on thursday or friday and i'll build your wheel for you. After 4:30, i'm free. PM me for dirs. I'm there till 6:30. Just beware of the 880S traffic after 4pm. Let me know and I'll bring all this stuff to work.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
889 Posts
Robinson Wheel Works in San Leandro

Chris has repaired wheels for me as well as building a couple sets as well. Great service and top notch builds. Give them a call first but I just dropped in one day with a busted-up wheel and they turned it around for me within an hour while I grabbed a cup of coffee next door.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Eric at Pleasant Hill Cyclery is a great wheel builder and he owns a spoke cutter, in case you need an off-sized spoke.

Super eccentric, though, which I think is a good thing from your bike mechanic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.