Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone have a spare working v-brake laying around, preferably an Avid Single Digit 5 or SL? The sping on the rear on one of my singlespeeds is played, and don't want to pump a bunch of cash into this beater bike or put the original Tektros back on.

I have a matching pair of Shimano XTR 952 (matte finish, not the latest polished) V-brakes for sale or trade with good pads. No, I don't want to use one on the bike above, and my brake booster hardware doesn't fit around the Shimano cantilever pivot anyway. Plus it is a Shimano-free bike and must stay that way.

And those new/pull Tektros are for sale cheap, complete set, levers included.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FrontRanger said:
I have some brand new Avids with only an hour or so on them. I would trade for some XTR 952. Let me know what you are thinking.
What kind are they? Maybe we can figure something out here. email me if you want to come by and look at these.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FrontRanger said:
After looking at them, they are Sram 7.0 which I assume are Avid SD7. they came off of my Il Pompino.
Those are actually SRAM pre-Avid merger, I'm familiar with those brakes. I'm looking for something with a better spring mechanism than those or the Single Digit 3s I have on there now. I have a Single Digit SL on the back of another bike and I like it a lot, works much better, doesn't drag, springs are easy to adjust and center the pads.

I still have those XTR v-brakes if you need them.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Team Cspine
492 Posts
Please...

mtbdirteater said:
Hey, anyone have a spare working v-brake laying around, preferably an Avid Single Digit 5 or SL? The sping on the rear on one of my singlespeeds is played, and don't want to pump a bunch of cash into this beater bike or put the original Tektros back on.

I have a matching pair of Shimano XTR 952 (matte finish, not the latest polished) V-brakes for sale or trade with good pads. No, I don't want to use one on the bike above, and my brake booster hardware doesn't fit around the Shimano cantilever pivot anyway. Plus it is a Shimano-free bike and must stay that way.

And those new/pull Tektros are for sale cheap, complete set, levers included.

Thanks,

Dave
...take these Cane Creek Direct Curve 3's off my hands!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Avid Single Digit Ti's

I have a gently used set, front and rear, calipers and levers. They are the dark grey ones. hit me up if you are interested...They will go cheap, just sitting in my parts bin.

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hurtman said:
I have a gently used set, front and rear, calipers and levers. They are the dark grey ones. hit me up if you are interested...They will go cheap, just sitting in my parts bin.
Was only looking for brakes, not levers, but please let me know or email me with what you want for eveything. Interested.

Thanks,

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.