Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in Tempe (I-10 and Elliot) for the next two weeks on business. I might have an hour or so after work to ride. I've seen pictures and descriptions of South Mountain and I'm afraid that it is just too technical for me to enjoy. Are there milder trails there or someplace close? Any suggestions and detailed directions would really be appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Desert Classic at South Mountain is very user friendly, and will be the closest to you. Access via either Pima, or Warpaint. Your other close option is Papago for non-tech.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
mountainflow said:
Desert Classic at South Mountain is very user friendly, and will be the closest to you. Access via either Pima, or Warpaint. Your other close option is Papago for non-tech.
Here are a couple of google links Pima Canyon and Warpaint.

Another easy access point you could use is 46th Street. This will put you on a trail called Javelina, which is slightly more advanced than Desert Classic, but can get a little complicated because it ties in with numerous other established trails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.