Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Flame all you like, I am bored of not riding

SO, I have been in a cast for 4 months, and have 6 more weeks in a fracture brace, as told today by ortho surgeon. I have a 2006 Santa Cruz ano black Nomad in large with a rohloff hub and a Z150 front fork. DHX air, etc, etc..will send photos....actually there is a photo of bike in my profile...

A great ride and 35lbs of fun.

As I cannot/am not allowed to ride off road for another 6 weeks, I would like to trade temporarily for a roadbike with somebody in the Bay area. I am 6ft1 and 198lbs and would loan you my nomad for a roadbike with a triple in the front for the next six weeks for a clean swap. I am nice to my equipment and would treat yours with love and respect like she were mine.

You wanna help each other out? Sweet!

Cheers, Randaz

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Dang! Why can't you be 5'7"? I'm going to flame you for being too tall.

flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame.

:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nomad???

Is there any chance that the "cast" you speak of is on both of your legs and is exactally six inches long and there is a chance for amputation that will shrink your height by 6 inches... if so please let me know as I have one helluva full ultegra Specialized Roubaix elite with your name written on it.

Just kidding of course! I just wish I could ride the Nomad... :D

·
Registered
945 Posts
If you are of the long legged variety, my road bike is collecting cob-webs...PM me. BTW, its only got a double up front but i'm running a 12-28 cassette.

-Sp

arandal said:
Flame all you like, I am bored of not riding

SO, I have been in a cast for 4 months, and have 6 more weeks in a fracture brace, as told today by ortho surgeon. I have a 2006 Santa Cruz ano black Nomad in large with a rohloff hub and a Z150 front fork. DHX air, etc, etc..will send photos. A great ride and 35lbs of fun.

As I cannot/am not allowed to ride off road for another 6 weeks, I would like to trade temporarily for a roadbike with somebody in the Bay area. I am 6ft1 and 198lbs and would loan you my nomad for a roadbike with a triple in the front for the next six weeks for a clean swap. I am nice to my equipment and would treat yours with love and respect like she were mine.

You wanna help each other out? Sweet!

Cheers, Randaz

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
long legs...one is now shorter than the other

singlepivot...No, my legs are not very long....:madman: , but thanks anyways

I wonder if riding Bayview trail would be considered smooth enough for "on-road" riding?:)

Might try it today just to see:D

Anybody got any other thoughts on smooth singletrack? It obviously has to be smooth b/c of decreased risk of frigging falling and jarring my elcracko bone

How smooth is briones?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Smooth

Briones is pretty smooth but then again I don't know what you broke and how much pain you are in. I ride Briones about 3-5 times a week and it's not too bad. Thinking of which I might just go right now......

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
arandal said:
singlepivot...No, my legs are not very long....:madman: , but thanks anyways

I wonder if riding Bayview trail would be considered smooth enough for "on-road" riding?:)

Might try it today just to see:D

Anybody got any other thoughts on smooth singletrack? It obviously has to be smooth b/c of decreased risk of frigging falling and jarring my elcracko bone

How smooth is briones?
Be patient and let it heal properly. Ride asphalt bike paths. Ive got a leg injury too, not like yours, but I know it sucks to not be able to ride. I dont want to prolong it though. Cruise local bike paths, there is usually lots to look at.:D

Sean

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a good idea...why didn't I think of that?

MikeG said:
if you haven't already, you should post this in the roadbikereview forums too.
excellent idea! Of course, why wouldn't I do that? Why haven't I?

I just returned from riding bayview a few times in Joaquin miller and some other trails...all legal but just can't remember their names...set up the suspension really cushy front and rear and it was a velvet smooth ride...nice and cool up there also and the sun came out...so nice!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
boo hoo hoo

Tahoe! Downieville? Oregon!!! WAHHHHH...You and my baby away overnight? more than once?

WAHHH. I have some separation issues to work out, obviously...;)

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
You may be a better man then I....

arandal said:
SO, I have been in a cast for 4 months, and have 6 more weeks in a fracture brace, as told today by ortho surgeon. I have a 2006 Santa Cruz ano black Nomad in large with a rohloff hub and a Z150 front fork. DHX air, etc, etc..will send photos....actually there is a photo of bike in my profile...

A great ride and 35lbs of fun.
Whew, I still have waking dreams of my Nomad whilst at work! Loaning it out right now would get me all freeekie deeekie! :)

I'd loan you my Ibis Spanky in a heartbeat but you sound way too big for it. :(

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
a spanky?

you have a spanky? wowsa! what size?

benja, you're right, it is hard to think about whoring out my baby but I m so jonesing to ride..

but I think I have something in the works...

cheers, Randaz

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
I'm 6'1" 200lbs and have a Cannodale R800 triple, silver and black. SIze is 58.
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/model-4RR8T.html
I ride it to work on occasion, but never on the weekends.
I live in South San Jose.
So if you don't have a hookup yet, let me know. I'd be willing to trade for a few weeks. I'll have to get it back from my brother though... he loves it and is thinking about buying it from me.

-Dan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.