Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gabe.....
1,182 Posts
Inspiration can be.........

Like a bolt of lighting from a torch.............:rolleyes: I've got 18 trophies to build for a local fundraiser and of course I've waited till last minute. :madman: Not as interesting as that huge hub but different non the less........

Attachments

·
Randomhead
1,183 Posts
I put my arbors in my 6 jaw because I haven't gotten a collet chuck that has reasonable runout. I would be worried about collapsing that hole saw, I assume it's for an eccentric bb? Paragon arbors are really nice and very cheap.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Why the two chainrigs sandwhiched together on the front (my guess is to use long chainring bolts that you had available)

Also, does the tube for the chainstay brace go all the way through - hence the hole on the side of the chainstay? Thats really cool...

·
Belltown Brazer
693 Posts
The hole in the CS is from the brace piecing the CS. I like to do it that way to better support the CS as a "unit" for the BB mitering on my belt miter machine.

The "paint" is just a local powdercoater in town. He's no spectrum, but he's local and a good deal.

The outer big ring is just what I had laying around while I wait for a proper bashguard.

I just used canti mounts for the brakes and used my mill to create a miter about 90° out of phase. I had the powedercoater coat the studs. The diacompes have a nylon bushing around a metal bushing around a bolt. The powdercoated studs are about exactly the same size as the metal bushing. Then I just bent a hook in the end of the spring to fit in one of the canti-mount holes. Works great...and easy!

B

1 - 14 of 14 Posts