Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has a 2008 24" yukon.

his sister is looking to get him a little gift and I suggest a chainstay protector.

question is, the chain stay on this bike is kinda thick, would I need a jumbo or super jumbo sized lizard skin? or just regular?

http://jensonusa.com/store/product/FR707Y00-Lizard+Skins+Chainstay+Protector.aspx

if anyone has experience with these on an '08 yukon please let me know, thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've got a FS Yukon, and would suggest the larger. If you go too small, you have to stretch the sh*t out of it to get it to fit...if it's too big you can always secure it with some cable ties.

·
Registered
29 Posts
From CRC, just remember to get one bigger than what you measure. For instance if you measure round the chainstay and it's 8.5cm, then you'd need the super jumbo version, as you'll need a bit of overlap, because the 8.5cm doesn't take that into account, so the ends will only just touch. I bought a jumbo and mine is around 8cm at the most and i had to stretch it to fit. There is a bit of give in it though. Looks well.

Adam

• Standard
Designed to fit chromoly or titanium frames. 25.5x7cm
• Jumbo
Designed to fit most aluminum frames. 25.5x8.5cm
• Super Jumbo
Designed to fit oversized aluminum frames. 25.5x12.5cm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.