Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 5 11 with a 32" inseam and have just ordered a large Chameleon.

The bike will be set up as a trail bike with the ability to switch out the bars and stem and wheels for a lighter XC feel.

Is the bike too big for a jump bike?

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
ChrisFFTA said:
I am 5 11 with a 32" inseam and have just ordered a large Chameleon. The bike will be set up as a trail bike with the ability to switch out the bars and stem and wheels for a lighter XC feel. Is the bike too big for a jump bike?
Hi Chris,

No, the bike isn't TOO bike for a jump bike.

But ...

I too am 5'11" with a 32" inseam, and I bought a large last Fall at the insistance of everyone I spoke to about med vs. large including SC themselves. I use the bike primarily for street riding and jumping. I ride a lage with a 50mm stem. If I were to do it all again I would buy a medium. A swap to a 70 or 80mm stem would be all that is needed to stretch the bike out to trail ride, but I think I'd prefer the shorter TT of the medium 90% of the time. I'd trade/sell my large (hint hint) if I could in order to get a medium.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Im 5-11 with 32 as well and have BOTH med and large Chameleons- if you do mostly trail riding, go with the large- that extra 3/4 inch in the TT makes a world of difference for your knees while pedaling up a long grinder, and with a short stem (I run 80mm) the bike is still responsive enough for the occasional jump/street session. If you are mostly going street/DJ/park, then the shorter the better- your seat will always be down and out of the way giving you plenty of room to move around in the air. In any case, I am contemplating making the med. into a singlespeed street/trials only bike because I got a Evil DOC for DJ/Park. Anyone know what is the largest tire you can run with the wheel all the way into the drops? Also, what would that make the effective chainstay length? I would love to slam it all the way in and have under 16" stays.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.