Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I like Squishy Bikes
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-13171422,00.html

Matt Damon is getting himself in shape to play cycling superman Lance Armstrong in an upcoming biopic

He is now in negotiations to play the Tour de France champion in producer Frank Marshall's new project.

The film is set for release in 2006, and Damon admitted he needed to get in shape.

He said of the fitness required for the new film: "That would be a whole new level."

Armstrong is most famous for recovering from testicular cancer and subsequently winning the Tour de France six consecutive times.

His victories between 1999 and 2004 give him more wins than any other cyclist to date.

Armstrong has been subject to allegations that he took performance-enhancing drugs. But he has never failed a test for banned drugs, and denies that he used them at any time.

Attachments

·
Your Customer Sales Rep
650 Posts
Why don't they get an actor who is already a serious cyclist, like Jerry Seinfeld. They could make it a comedy. Ben Stiller could play Pantani, Owen Wilson could be Ulrich. D.

·
"Mr. Britannica"
1,818 Posts
From the NY Post:

LANCE TO WED?
IS Lance Armstrong engaged to Sheryl Crow (above)? The six-time Tour de France winner didn't object — and neither did she — when staffers at the Hotel de Crillon in Paris referred to his singing sweetie as his "fiancée." Insiders at Crow's label, Interscope, said they had also heard the "rumor" that Armstrong proposed after winning the world's top bicycle race. A rep for Crow uttered a terse "no comment" when asked about the engagement. An assistant for Armstrong's rep also declined comment, as her boss was on a plane. Crow has told pals in the past she would like to have a child with Armstrong.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix_u.htm

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Damon

I tihnk I justread in People magazine( of course I never read the magazine Ijust look at the pixs) that Matt Damon is a big smoker. Good luck getting in shape to ride bike and smoking Matt....ashtray on the handlebars????

·
Your Customer Sales Rep
650 Posts
merlin said:
I tihnk I justread in People magazine( of course I never read the magazine Ijust look at the pixs) that Matt Damon is a big smoker. Good luck getting in shape to ride bike and smoking Matt....ashtray on the handlebars????
You've never heard of "smoking to help open your lungs" and aid breathing? Apparently that was big in the early days of riding (including the TDF):

·
120 pounds of xc sex!
639 Posts
damn

Now thats werid...cuz i was listening to a interview on kevin and bean (106.7fm, in LA) and they were talking about the TdoF and someone asked a question to Matt dameon before the borne supermacy came out as if he was Lance armstrong, it was pretty funny.

Anyways, who knows maybe it will be cool

***** i hate this part of everyone posts that says "buy products in this post", as if IM making money of this shizz. damn u mtbr! (huffy, mongoose, walmart, cheap bike, GM HUMMER PARTs) haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts