Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Crop Dusting Magistrate
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info on the Kern Canyon Trail. Anyone ridden it lately?

Whats the best way to do this, starting at the "freeway ridge" 4x4 trail head or at the Delonaga Bridge (where 178 crosses the river)?

Plant community Highland Hill Trail Mountain

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks!

· Registered
618 Posts
There's also free camping with pit toilets. One area in Keyesville at the site itself and the other in Hogeye Gulch on the kern. The Hogeye Gulch sites are nicer being right on the river but more crowded, especially around spring break.

· Registered
618 Posts
link here to the keyesville XC loop. If you ride the full kern canyon trail, be sure you ride the upper portion of this XC loop. If you zoom in on the map you can see where the KCT continues down, where the XC loop circles back. it's only an 8-ish mile loop and both halves are fun... but the front half is much more fun, in my opinion... except for a bermed S turn or two on the back half.

And I'm officially itching to go back there now.

Geoladders -- 20th Annual Keyesville Classic Sport Course

There's the snake pit DH run too... actually there's a lot of trails in the area. I've yet to explore them all but a very underrated area as most go straight to the plunge and J.O. without exploring more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.