Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a few pairs of the Jones XR 1.8's in stock. They are really light, although a lot smaller than the 2.25's. Should make a really nice race tire. They're a little smaller in comparison to the Nano's, but I like the stickier compoundon the Bonty's a lot more.

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
How bout some pics and a few measurements to give us an idea of whate we're dealing with.

Also, can you throw them on a gram scale?

I'm excited about these tires for Leadville....the Nano was great but maybe something a little lighter and narrower would be even better.

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have my gram scale yet, (it's on order.)

The tires measure 46mm wide on the caliper, and 44mm high. So, they're small. Definately not everyone's cup o' tea.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
If you do "reply" rather than "quick reply", you get to upload pics to MTBR. Just keep them somewhat manageble.

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
(wringing hands with anticipation)

I'm going to measure my CrossCheck with the Mutanos right now...Please have enough room...

LP

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
naw, not done wrong, I see them! How's about getting a shot of the 1.8's next to the 2.25's for a visual comparo?

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Those rims are road-narrow, right? So on an MTB rim the carcass would come in slightly wider, so it's pretty true to size 44/46.
Comparing it to the 2.25" XR only makes sense if it's to both the older wide ones as well as the seemingly much narrower new ones. Which makes me think, i it only the rear or also the front that got narrower? On to that other XR thread...

·
SALSAFIED endurance racer
498 Posts
benwitt11 said:
I just got a few pairs of the Jones XR 1.8's in stock. They are really light, although a lot smaller than the 2.25's. Should make a really nice race tire. They're a little smaller in comparison to the Nano's, but I like the stickier compoundon the Bonty's a lot more.
How much do they weigh ???

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Read back : "I don't have my gram scale yet, (it's on order.)" :)

Is it me or is the tread shallower than on the bigger version? That would help make it a faster tire for sure. I'd love it if Bontrager with offer the big ones with all knobs at least 1mm shallower, as an "XR Race" version perhaps?

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
Cloxxki said:
I'd love it if Bontrager with offer the big ones with all knobs at least 1mm shallower, as an "XR Race" version perhaps?
I bet 200 road miles would take care of that for you... :D

LP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts