Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camping with the clan at Skyline Park,Napa.
fat.tires, Stevo5, and myself got camp set up then hit the road for quick drive up to Oat Hill Mine Trail. Calistoga. EEEEPIC ride is what I have to say about that! followed up with day two at Skyline. Groovy,Grasshopper,fat's and Stevo5.We had some good riding to try on our hike(thanks for the good rout Groovy:thumbsup: )

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Was I on that same trip...

Oh yeah, now I remember. It sure hurts to go OTB on the Oat Hill Mine Trail. Next time just a little more speed and pull up just a bit harder and clear that mo fo!

Don't forget the:
Frisbee/Beer Golf
Breakfast of Champs
New found wine
Turkey Band!
B17

Grass People in nature Interaction Friendship Lawn

Leg Human body Travel trailer Baseball cap RV

Glass bottle Product Yellow Bottle Drink

Cap Bottle Alcohol Glass bottle Alcoholic beverage

Airplane Aircraft Propeller-driven aircraft Flight Air travel

·
Spin-stabilized
1,485 Posts
So you guys...

were the ones that we bumped into at the top of sugarloaf on Sunday. I remember the Turners . We saw the B-17 (or is it a B-21?) flying low too. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend!

edit: Jane's says it's a B-17 alright.

·
NedwannaB
12,779 Posts
The poison oak or.......

fat.tires said:
Oathill just plain ol kicks ass up and down!!! I'll be back for sure.
....the trail?? Hey Craig, sorry I couldn't hook up with you guys. How come you didn't get Crash to join you guys, he can pedal uphill, can't he?? heh......

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fat.tires said:
Oh yeah, now I remember. It sure hurts to go OTB on the Oat Hill Mine Trail. Next time just a little more speed and pull up just a bit harder and clear that mo fo!

Don't forget the:
Frisbee/Beer Golf
Breakfast of Champs
New found wine
Turkey Band!
B17

View attachment 358066

View attachment 358067

View attachment 358068

View attachment 358069

View attachment 358070
I like that, The WTB. aka Wild Turkey Band. I can see the head lines now:rockon: :band: :smallviolin: :drumroll: :thumbsup:

·
Spin-stabilized
1,485 Posts
fat.tires said:
We were up there on Saturday. Sunday was spent recovering, sobering up and applying more Tecnu.
Right. I meant Saturday. Felt like a mellow Sunday ride (small park - probably the least riding I've done in a while) that's why I mistook the Skyline ride as a Sunday one.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yep, that was us/you! Just looked at your post and remembered me commenting on what looked like poison oak hanging from the rear deraileur of the blue Stumpy. Turned out it was a fern... Some of the climbs got technical, only because of the poison oak where you had to consider both line and pedal position. Only one Tick in our group.
Small park for sure. Couvie took us on a round about trip that included a hike a bike up the switch backs on Sugarloaf, then down the front side where we saw you guys. The promise of a long descending route seemed the opposite which is cool, but next time he says go Left.... we all decided we will go Right. He flips a mean flapjack though, so we gotta keep him around.

We got back to camp early so we began our evening at 1 pm.

Cheers!

·
Registered
559 Posts
The ride - Dork

Hey Jeff!
The PO on Oathill was not all that bad, definitely made some contact with it, but not nearly as much as Skyline. The ride kicked ass! Fun climb and ripper descent, at least in my book. Yes, Crash bailed out on us once again. Might have had the promise of a date or something along those lines. Gotta talk to that boy about his priorities. He's had his new bike for over a month and I have not ridden with him once. He brought it by the house on day 1 for some show and tell, then poof... gone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
JMac47 said:
...there is no s/t on OHM. :skep:
Man, I am looking at the Day Two Pics. It shows what LOOKS like Singletrack. That is why I asked if it was OHM or somewhere else. If were not trying to clown so damn hard you could see how the question was asked. Obviously I have not ridden up there so I would NOT know. That is why I am asking.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts