Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding a new saddle for about a month now, twice a week, few miles because of the pain. I'm ditching the saddle, gotta try something better. What should I do about the pain in my nether region? Sorry I don't know the anatomical term. It is not my testicles. It is the region to the right,feels like bone, tendon or nerve tissue. Any ideas what it may take to alleviate the pain. Thanks and happy pedaling.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Specialized shops have a measuring device (gel pad) which you sit on for a few minutes then measure the distance between your sitz bones. Once this has been established you simply check the chart for the type of riding you do and select the correct width saddle.
Sounds too easy I know but it works for 95% of our customers. Other than that you should be able to return the saddle to your LBS and try until you find one you're happy with. I had one customer try six saddles until he was satisfied.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Idea

I just returned the last saddle, which created my aches and pains. I'm gonna try WTB Rocket, I had good experience on WTB Power saddle on my full suspension ride. I thought about the Specialized, because of that fitting system you mentioned, only problem no LBS carries Specialized. I really like their products, most of their dealers went away, it's a shame. Maybe it's me thinking a LBS should be within 5 miles of my house or place of work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.