Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently built my wide a sweet little hardtail and am trying to figure out a good wheelset for her. She is about 115 lbs and rides very conservatively, so strength is not nearly as much of an issue as weight. I want something light...and preferably cheap, ha ha. Any ideas? -Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
ChipV said:
I recently built my wide a sweet little hardtail and am trying to figure out a good wheelset for her. She is about 115 lbs and rides very conservatively, so strength is not nearly as much of an issue as weight. I want something light...and preferably cheap, ha ha. Any ideas? -Thanks.
Just saw these WTB LaserDisc Lites yesterday:

http://www.bobs-bicycles.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=43893&product=412

For $199, I don't think you can beat 'em.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,910 Posts
21switchbacks said:
Just saw these WTB LaserDisc Lites yesterday:

http://www.bobs-bicycles.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=43893&product=412

For $199, I don't think you can beat 'em.
Laser disc lites are rebadged AC's. I got some reasonably cheap on ebay last year only to have the freewheel bust. Mike at Odds and Endos put a new camplate or something in it.

If you go for a cheap set, I suggest ordering the revised camplate for it, and put it in yourself or have someone else do it for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
ashwinearl said:
Laser disc lites are rebadged AC's. I got some reasonably cheap on ebay last year only to have the freewheel bust. Mike at Odds and Endos put a new camplate or something in it.

If you go for a cheap set, I suggest ordering the revised camplate for it, and put it in yourself or have someone else do it for you.
the recall supposedly only affected the 95 hubs, would be worth calling ahead to make sure. either way, being a recall, it would be serviced for free... supposedly.
 

·
And if not, why not?
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Stan's the man!

Stan's olympic wheelset with wtb's and rev's are just about the lightest wheels out there, and they're tubeless. They're not really cheap ($550ish?) , but they are def. cheaper than anything else in their class. I love mine. Tubeless and disk for like 1460 grams! The new wtb's that I got with them have been trouble free, and I'm a north east singletracker.That means mud, lots of water crossings, and a little snow.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top