Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, browsing through several weight listing sites, it strikes me that some are out-dated (weight weenies), some are more orientated for dh/am parts (sicklines for example) and others simply list only a few parts.

Seeing as it seems that there's a wealth of knowledge on mtbr with regards to parts and weights would it not be a good idea to start an mtbr specific weight listing section to try and get a coherent database relevant to us weight weenies?

I'm not quite sure how this would work (whether it would be a sub-forum, new site etc.) but just an idea i'm throwing out there...

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Mine. . .

Here is a sub-forum on my team's forum that we started for weights of stuff:

http://racing-greyhounds.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21&sid=b5d967b9bc1e8bdf33bd17c330997db9

I just started the forum at the end of last year. It is a public forum and anyone can view it, however we limit who can post up there. I know it's a little limited right now, but I'm working on building it up. I've had several spreadsheets over the years, so maybe if I have some time, I'll enter all that info up there.

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
sonyisdope said:
Here is a sub-forum on my team's forum that we started for weights of stuff:

http://racing-greyhounds.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21&sid=b5d967b9bc1e8bdf33bd17c330997db9

I just started the forum at the end of last year. It is a public forum and anyone can view it, however we limit who can post up there. I know it's a little limited right now, but I'm working on building it up. I've had several spreadsheets over the years, so maybe if I have some time, I'll enter all that info up there.

Enjoy :)
Good looking site, but would definitely benefit from some pics of the parts on the scale.

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Just giving myself a bump on this one. I just got an XX group for myself and some other lightweight goodies, so check back for some more weights:

http://www.racing-greyhounds.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

Also to be added soon:

FSA K Force BB30 crankset (175 and 170mm lengths double and triple versions)
FSA Afterburner BB30 crankset
Avid Elixir Mag CR brakes
Schwalbe Furious Fred 29rs
The NEW American Classic Tubeless 29r wheels and 26r wheels (both disc)
and some other stuff.

Yeah, in Michigan we like 29rs. And BB30 apparently.

Oh, and I am going to post up in this forum something a little later today that will KNOCK YOUR SOCKS off. You might have seen it already, and I'm overhyping it, but maybe not. Heck, it's not even that cool. Well, it's kinda cool. It's a new weight weenie part (as of last Interbike). I'll leave it at that.

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
BOOM! A 46 gram headset from Cane Creek:

SWEET!

How do they do it?

They take the bearing out of the top cup! That's right, there is no bearing in the top cup, only a bushing.

It seems pretty sweet. I've never actually used one yet. I ordered 2 for myself, one for my road bike and one for my mountain bike. I'll let you know how they work in a few months :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.