Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1439 Posts

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
On the Mojo SL I am running or have run a Neo Moto on the front end and a Quasi Moto on the rear end.

You can also run a Neo Moto on the rear *if* you trim the knobs a bit.

R.

alien too said:
Would it be safe to say if I where to go out and get an 09 Mojo SL that a 2.3 Neo-moto will fit?

·
US Army Vet-Airborne 11B
2,033 Posts
haven't read all 6 pages,but did a search,and nothing...2007 redline monocog flite frame...i know a 29er wheel will fit the fork...is it a viable 650b project candidate?

thanx!

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
longhaultrucker said:
haven't read all 6 pages,but did a search,and nothing...2007 redline monocog flite frame...i know a 29er wheel will fit the fork...is it a viable 650b project candidate?

thanx!
I would say definitely yes, especially with the sliding dropout feature on this frame.

You bought that frame before I could make and offer with the idea in my mind of doing just that - turning it into a 650b rigid bike. Go for it LHT!!! Go for it!

·
US Army Vet-Airborne 11B
2,033 Posts
MMcG said:
I would say definitely yes, especially with the sliding dropout feature on this frame.

You bought that frame before I could make and offer with the idea in my mind of doing just that - turning it into a 650b rigid bike. Go for it LHT!!! Go for it!
Kool!!! That's what i was thinknig when i bought it too:thumbsup:

:eek: Sorry bout that,hope yer not mad:)

And I will,just may take me a lil while the way paving is this time of the year:D

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Pivot Firebird

I visited the Pivot headquarters a week ago and saw the prototype Firebird 6.7 inch travel AM/Trail bike. It had about 3/4 inch clearance in the chainstays beyond the 26 inch tires mounted with larger casing height beyond the rim than the Neo-Moto. I have no idea if the 6.7 inch bottom travel might need to be limited slightly to clear the seat tube.

Using a fork with 160mm travel that can be lowered, such as the Talas 36 or Lyric U-Turn or 2-Step, for quicker steering and climbing balance would keep the BB height from becoming too high for rough tight trail balance and pedal clearance. The DW-Link likes deep sag so the high topped out BB is really not so high when riding. Equipped with an XTR build this bike is only about 30 - 31 lbs with air suspension. And it is extremely stiff laterally and in rear swingarm torsion flex.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just converted my K2 Apache 6.0 to 650b. There is so much room in the back that it looks like it was made for this set-up! (could probably fit a 3"+ tire in there - running NeoMotos now). I'm using a White Bros. up front (100) so, I've got 4" all the way around. Super sweet ride and the bottom bracket is still low. It's now my favorite ride for all-day riding or XC racing. Total weight with Stans ZTR and Hope 2 hubs is just under 24 lbs.

·
Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
1,630 Posts
Uphiller1 said:
I just converted my K2 Apache 6.0 to 650b. There is so much room in the back that it looks like it was made for this set-up! (could probably fit a 3"+ tire in there - running NeoMotos now). I'm using a White Bros. up front (100) so, I've got 4" all the way around. Super sweet ride and the bottom bracket is still low. It's now my favorite ride for all-day riding or XC racing. Total weight with Stans ZTR and Hope 2 hubs is just under 24 lbs.
We need some pics of this ASAP! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

KP

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kirk Pacenti said:
We need some pics of this ASAP! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

KP
Will do....as soon as the rain friggin' stops! 3-days now. I wish it was a little colder, this would've been the best snowstorm in years!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
BTW, I originally put the above wheelset on an '01 Homegrown Ltd (the gold one) with a Salsa rigid fork - so, to add to the list, the Homegrown fits 650b just fine - almost as much room as on the K2!

Also, the bottom of BB on the K2 above sits at just a hair under 13". :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
They do look similar! Probably built in the same factory. That upper rear stay looks like it came out of the same mold. I checked the geometry and they are different, however. So, don't know, but that's a great price if they ride the same - I'd pick up a spare.

·
Registered
449 Posts
they're similar in that they're both linkage actuated single-pivot designs with all the upper linkages being in near identical places.

however, the main differences are that the sette has the swingarm pivot more rearward than the K2, and the K2 has more gusseting at the headtube and upper seat tube than the sette.

still, they probably do come out of the same factory.

·
Registered
9 Posts
26" Reba Team Fork???

Hi Guys,
Without going thru all the threads, can any of you guys tell me if the REBA Team 26" fork works with the 650b 2.3 tire set up? thanks! Ed

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
:thumbsup:Sinister Splinter FS is a fit. I received visual confirmation from a one A Nony Moose earlier today. 650b with Neomoto clears a Sinister Splinter Fully with ample room for mud clearance.

141 - 160 of 1439 Posts