Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1439 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
You're welcome...

...nothing better to do on a way-soggy day in the mid-Atlantic.

Also FYI, the BB-height of my 2004 (I think) S.A.S.S. is 12.5" with a Schwalbe 2.4" Nobby Nic rear / 2.35" King Jim front with a Rockshow Duke Race 80mm fork. I realize that going 26" -> 650B typically raises BB-height by 0.75"...but these tires are on larger-end of the 26" spectrum, so I'm guessing that BB-height would end up around 13.0" (guessing here).

-Raynman59

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
To throw out another compatible discovery, the Rockshox Psylo 20mm tullio lowers are 14.25" from axle center to brace, which should allow 650Bs to fit fine.

·
10,913 Posts
Nope, 125mm maximum... 80 to 125 to be precise... either adjustable with the all-travel spacers if you had the air-spring models (to 80, 100 or 125) or anywhere in that range in 3mm increments for the U-turn spring versions. I've got a Psylo Race with the gold colour and air spring and happened to measure it lastnight after checking the brace clearance on a Manitou Minute (which would be borderline for a 650B, the psylo had over a half inch of clearance though).

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Kirk Pacenti said:
CHT,

You guys want to sponsor a 650B demo wheel program? :thumbsup:
Kirk, I'm keen to try a 650b on my 2006 Prophet w/ Lefty Max Carbon. What would be the best setup using a Lefty hub (Cannondale or Woodman) to rims and spokes? Does DT Swiss make 650b rims and spokes? I know the best tire is your Neo-Moto tire, though. Where is the best place to find the tires and all the other stuff in the US? I'm from Brazil, and will have a friend to look for it for me in his next trip. If you can send me private message for us to keep on this conversation, I'd be very thankful.

Ed

·
10,913 Posts
Oh and I dunno if this has been mentioned either but the swingarm on a Mountain Cycles San Andreas has 14" of tire radius room in it. So a Neo-Moto 2.3 should JUST fit. I'm planning to setup my San Andreas with my Psylo once I get some tires and build some wheels. So a 5"/5" 650B build. The San Andreas already has an over the top BB height anyway so what's another quarter inch or so.

·
10,913 Posts
Cracked Headtube said:
ill concieved, DeeEight, ill concieved! :rolleyes:
Exactly how is putting 650Bs in a frame and fork with the clearance for them, ill conceived ?!?

·
Registered
25 Posts
what about the 2006 superlight? ive been lookin at wheel options and thinking a 96 er would be cool but i dont think the headtube can take the extra abuse. i have the fox f32 100mm fork and float r rear. i dont have the $$ right now to test. but if anyone is running the 650b setup or has the ability to test this out please do so and let me know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bin bred

650 B in older geared inbred (05? the ones corrected for 80-100mm forks). Chainstays clear ok, seatstay about 3/16". Now I just need to make sure the fork will be OK

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
650b on Caffeine rear?

Does anyone know if the 650b rear wheel works on the cannondale caffeine 26"? I read in the first few posts on this thread that it works on a taurine, but need confirmation before ordering the wheel set.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ima complete 650B noob, but...

I read through the posts in this thread and most seem concerned w/ BB height and tire clearance.

I'd sure like to put 650b's on a couple of my old 26er frames. Problem is, they have canti/V brake posts. Am I SOL or will most canti/V brake pads adjust upwards enough to accomodate the 650b rims? Experience?

·
NedwannaB
12,760 Posts
Seen these?

MisterMo said:
I read through the posts in this thread and most seem concerned w/ BB height and tire clearance.

I'd sure like to put 650b's on a couple of my old 26er frames. Problem is, they have canti/V brake posts. Am I SOL or will most canti/V brake pads adjust upwards enough to accomodate the 650b rims? Experience?
http://www.paulcomp.com/motobmx.html

Should work. I might run them on back with a WI ecc SS hub. Similar setup as on my 26" now, v back/disc front.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Min. CS Length for 650b Converstion

Hoping to convert my 1996 IF Deluxe to a 650b. Does anyone know the minimum chainstay length that will work for a 650b conversion?

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
CH - got any new updates to the list???

Can anyone confirm that a 650b really will work on a Surly Instigator???

81 - 100 of 1439 Posts