Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1439 Posts

·
nothing relevant to say
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my personal findings and other's. This list ill also be on my blog if y'all haven't been to it yet: http://650bpalace.blogspot.com also found at www.650Bpalace.com

Surly 1x1, no confirmation but I'm sure the Pugsley would work too.
VooDoo Bokor (newer with sliders)
VooDoo Wanga (newer with sliders)
Soul Cycles Titan
Ibex Atlas
Haro Sonix LT
Haro Xeon
Specialized Myka
Cannondale Prophet (2007+ checked)
Gunnar Ruffian (older with horizontal dropouts)
Gary Fisher Fat Possum
Scott Spark 30
Marin Rift Zone
Kona Unit (with sliders)
Ventana El Chamuco
Azonic Revenge
Specialized Enduro Elite (checked on 2007 model)

If I missed something that someone has confirmed, please add it!!!
TIA

·
nothing relevant to say
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked a Cannondale F3 the Neo-Moto fit, but not by much at the SS bridge.. I specifically remember Fisty saying " It works for the most part" with his CS bridge clearance being approx 7mm I'd worry about stuff jamming in there. Even a small lump of leaves. I think his goal was to have a 650B bike ready when the smaller tires hit the market! I digress, YES Fisty was able to fit a 2.3x27.5" tire into a Cannondale Taurine!
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=364924

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
I am curious about a 26er On One Inbred either the older style with sliders or the newer style with the horizontal dropouts.

I'd guess that an Evil Sovereign would work as well since it almost fit a 29er - maybe an Evil DOC as well.

Just my hunches.

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
fine list....

but where are the FS bikes? hardtails are made for 29er wheels, 650b is made for FS bikes IMO. anyone gonna experiment with some more FS bikes?

FWIW my balfa belair will take a 650b by the numbers, real life testing will have to wait for some cash. rocky element will not take a 2.3 (by measurement), if some smaller tires are made it would be close. my balfa 2step will easily take a 650b as it clears 2.7 DH tires with no issues.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
ferday said:
fine list....

but where are the FS bikes? hardtails are made for 29er wheels, 650b is made for FS bikes IMO. anyone gonna experiment with some more FS bikes?

FWIW my balfa belair will take a 650b by the numbers, real life testing will have to wait for some cash. rocky element will not take a 2.3 (by measurement), if some smaller tires are made it would be close. my balfa 2step will easily take a 650b as it clears 2.7 DH tires with no issues.
I'm mighty tempted to buy a 2Step and say a Nixon and have at it - but at the moment I don't have the extra cash to do it. :madman:

ferday - you gotta give it a go somehow with that Belair! :thumbsup:

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
MMcG said:
I'm mighty tempted to buy a 2Step and say a Nixon and have at it - but at the moment I don't have the extra cash to do it. :madman:

ferday - you gotta give it a go somehow with that Belair! :thumbsup:
you aren't kidding MMcG!

after this winter of burning the credit card, my wife finally put her foot down. hopefully sometime this season i'll get a hold of some 650b wheels and resurrect the belair.

and stop being tempted, and just get a 2step already ;)

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Here's a look at a Belair - like ferday mentions:

I wonder if the tire would hit that brace though?

And here's a look at a 2Step as well:

again - would the Neomoto rub on that brace?

·
nothing relevant to say
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MMcG does the Neo-Moto fit in the Physlo? I was checkin on the older Duke, and it may fit in that too....

FS bikes on the list above:
Ibex Atlas
Haro Sonix LT
Haro Xeon
Cannondale Prophet (2007+ checked)
Gary Fisher Fat Possum
Scott Spark 30
Marin Rift Zone
Ventana El Chamuco
Azonic Revenge
Specialized Enduro Elite

·
Sail On!
248 Posts
All Mix'd Upper

I just took my yeti 575 out today with a Neo-Moto up front on my 2007 Fox Talas 32 and it worked wonderfully. Really seemed to calm down the front end. It tracked very well and just rolled over rocks with ease when my 26" would feel nervous and bounce off rocks unexpectedly at times. I ran the fork at 120mm of travel and it felt just right. One unexpected thing was out of the saddle climbs felt more natural like I was on my XC bike. Found myself really pushing the speed and leaning into turns more with confidence. The down side was my rear 650B wheel definitely will not fit the Yeti. It fit at the center of the tire but just rubbed slightly at the points where the chain stays swoop in to give chainring clearance. I took some pics to share. I call this bike the All Mix'd Upper!
Cheers Patrick

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Waterat Pat said:
It fit at the center of the tire but just rubbed slightly at the points where the chain stays swoop in to give chainring clearance.
You can always trim the side knobs or just bash the chainstays apart with a big hammer.

Just kidding about the bashing. :p

1 - 20 of 1439 Posts