Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal that I cannot insert my seat post all the way down in the seat tube? Looks like there are little bumps in there about halfway down (about where the shock mount bracket is welded) and even looks like an opening in one side towards the bracket.

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?

I'm sure some of you liquid owners have looked down into the seat tube...

Tell me what you see please. :confused:

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
It's not surprising, I had the same issue with my Cake, had to cut the extra-long tube to be able to lower my saddle on downhills. Just cut it so there is no extra when your saddle is positioned for optimal pedaling (it's highest you'll use it)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dan.

Sorry for the newbie questions but I haven't bought a new bike in a decade. Will cutting the seat post not make the forces on the seat tube more centralised therefore weakening that area? I weigh in at 200lbs.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
My seapost only goes down the seat tube to the part where it is welded to the smaller diameter tubing above the bottom bracket. I'd just cut off what is necessary to get the seat down to the height you prefer.

There is a *rumor* about the seat tubes having problems on the Liquid. I'd run as much as necessary to help avoid a crack or breakage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts