Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cru Jones said:
That would be me, thanks. What do you mean not your kind of trails?
nice

I'm more into big downhill lines with lots of berms, transfers, hips and stuff kinda like Solame, Minersville or Push and Posh trails.

The line in that vid flows well though so I wouldn't mind riding it.

Wasn't meant offensive by any means btw.

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
obiwan said:
nice

I'm more into big downhill lines with lots of berms, transfers, hips and stuff kinda like Solame, Minersville or Push and Posh trails.

The line in that vid flows well though so I wouldn't mind riding it.

Wasn't meant offensive by any means btw.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm more into trails like that, as well. Unfortunately, in so cal, it's hard to find areas to build trails like that.... there's no space, no trees, no water, and sh!t dirt in 99% of the area. We were lucky enough to find this spot near a creak that always has water... even when it hasn't rained in 8 months. But, the dirt is still crap to dig in (dry and filled with rocks and roots) and the area is small.

Actually, this spot used to be quite a bit different. It had tons of transfers, a good hip, two huge sets, a berm/jump, and a wall ride. But, a massive flood turned the creak into a river and it washed all of that stuff away. So, now we're rebuilding farther away from the creak.

·
Registered
90 Posts
sorry to hear your old trails got flooded...

you could always take the existing line as a base line and make all kinds of hips and transfers from it to other lines if you make the newer lines somewhat parralel to this line

digging in a dry area sucks, I know cause I used to have winter trails under a bridge (it rains a lot in Holland), building the lips wasn't that hard but once a tiny rut gets formed the whole jump turnes to **** cause it's next to impossible to repair such a jump cause new, wet dirt won't stick to old dry dirt.....

You're lucky though that the land you're digging on is quite downhill, downhill trails flow better and you can build bigger sets sooner after shorter ones cause you gain speed so easily; I made my current trails as dh as possible.

slightly off topic but Stauffer and the like in Pennsylvania in Ridebmx Thunder still is my definition of trails riding together with BTU and Anthem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.