Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I decided to put some lipstick on the Pug, so to speak. The old gal needed a makeover, and when Surly released the Tan Sidewall Nate I knew I had to have them.

They wouldn't have looked as good if I kept the stock Thunderhead Grey paint. I was never really fond of that color anyway. But I do really like the Robin's Egg Blue that Surly used on the Cross Check. It turns out this Rustoleum Sky Blue is close enough for me.

If you're going with the gumwall tires, IMO you have to go ODI Vans too. I wanted to get a brown saddle to go with the theme, but the Charge Spoon wasn't available at a price I wanted to pay, so I thought the Camo pattern might look cool.

Overall, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycle frame Mode of transport Blue Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

·
nothing to see here
3,279 Posts
Very cool. My brown leather Charge Spoon Ti is hands down the most comfortable and long lasting of any saddle I've ever owned. Worth it if you decide to get one, IMO.

Edit: I've had mine on three bikes over five years and it's got another five left in it at least.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lookin good....

How about that fork..is it an old Z1 with a DIY arch?
Yes it is. I did the fork arch about a year ago and rode it last winter. This revamp included drilling some holes in the arch, cutting off the V-brake bosses, painting the fork legs and replacing the seals.

Thanks for the compliments.

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7
1,680 Posts
Looks. Bad. Ass. !!!

What seatpost is that, and do you like it?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks. Bad. Ass. !!!

What seatpost is that, and do you like it?
Thanks blaklabl. The seatpost is a KS EXA Form 861. I picked it up a while back from Outside Outfitters for less than $100. It was discontinued even when I bought it.

It works good, has some suspension built into it and it's 27.2mm so it fits the Pugs frame. Not lightweight by any means, but hey, neither is the Pugs!

ks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts