Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious what you think...
In your opinion, is putting a link in your signature to your sponsers site showing off, cool, okay, ___???????____...............

I've noticed less and less people doing this, so I dunno. For me, Maxxis (not in sig.), 661 and Hayes sponser me, but is it acceptable to have their links in my signature?

I don't want to start some war (it seems like every post does)...I just want to hear your opinions.

-Thanks
:)

-Oh and what do you think of the other part of it...We have a new baby named Fisher but now, Marin is mad that he gets all of the attention. Our Novara commit suicide and our Trek caused too much trouble, so we sold him into slavery. C' dale was born 1/18/07????

-Thanks again.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think it's okay

I view links to sponsors as a positive thing. It lets me know who is supporting the mountain biking community.

I'm not sure about people putting online retailers in there signature if they are NOT sponsors.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
You should be OK

Read the link to Forum Giudelines in my signature. The one thing we don't allow is links to items for sale. With that said, if the signature line starts to look like spam, my guess is that the Site Manager has the right to ask you to edit or remove it.

Bob

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
If you are sponsored by a company part of your job (in addition to doing well) is promoting the products. Whether that's at races, online, etc.

So, I think it's more than acceptable to put sponsor links as signatures.

I used to race r/c cars and remember at the Nationals one year the kid who won Sportsman had a sticker on his 1/8th scale wing that read "Your name here". :) Maybe I should put that in MY signature!

·
Ergon Bike
884 Posts
As a company that sponsors athletes in the mountain bike arena, I feel it's respectable thing to do. List your sponsors in your Signature in a tasteful way. No need to get all huge and bright colored with it. Just list them...and link to their sites. Good luck with your 2007 goals!

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
I can't see anything wrong with it as long as your signature size isn't too excessive, and you make sure that you still contribute to the forum. Riders are more likely to take notice of you and your sponsors if you show a bit of brains and character. ;)

As mentioned by previous posters, a big part of being sponsored is getting your sponsors name out there. As long as it doesn't become blatant advertising you'll be fine.

Just make sure you spell your sponsors names correctly! :D :p

Cheers, Dave.

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DMR For Life said:
I would say that your choice should be influenced by what kind of member you are on here

DMR
What do you mean by that? Like, my personality?

And in reply to someone else, I am not so good when it comes to spelling. You're correct...sponsors, not sponsers. Thanks for correcting me. :blush:
I really appreciate all of you're opinions...Thanks.

·
Formerly DMR For Life
989 Posts
RideFaster said:
What do you mean by that? Like, my personality?

And in reply to someone else, I am not so good when it comes to spelling. You're correct...sponsors, not sponsers. Thanks for correcting me. :blush:
I really appreciate all of you're opinions...Thanks.
I was refering to somepeople on here (not you) :D that don't act in a way that the sponsors would want...no offense to you was meant by my orginal comment :cool:

DMR

·
Combat Wombat
1,874 Posts
No problem, I personally like knowing who supports the local racers and grassroot type events. As someone that has organized and directed events for our club, I am very, very appreciative of the LBS's, companies, organizations and people that I know I can rely on for support. It most definately effects where I spend my money. A couple years ago, I had called a certain frame company to discuss sizing issues and mentioned that I had seen someone list them as sponsors in his signature on MTBR. They were very pleased about this and wanted to know where they could go to see this post.

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.