Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Alpinestars "jacket" has exactly what I need in terms of shoulder protection, but it only comes with built in chest plate and back protector, which I don't want. I need to be able to wear the shoulder protection on long rides in the summer including lots of climbing. Seems like the only options I can find are football wide receiver pads (too big and bulky) or lacrosse shoulder pads (no hard plastic plates over the shoulder). Does anyone know of currently available shoulder gear that is substantial with plastic plates /covers but is not over the top motocross gear? I need to be able to exercise with the things on...

· Registered
2,697 Posts
I've got one of these, which sounds like it might be just what you're looking for?

Its basically just a mesh shirt, with some 3d0 shoulder pads built in, and some small foam pads on the front of the bicep.

I got it on closeout for $20, which felt like a steal. Not sure how I feel about it at MSRP. But I haven't actually used it much, as I got it to "upgrade" my back/chest protection to include shoulders for when I go to shuttle/lift accessed rides. But, the place close to me closed down right after I got it, so I've only tried it on a few rides. No complaints though. You hardly notice it when its on, and its pretty low profile under your normal shirt/jersey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.