Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
no Ti, no Carbon

robertinoNY said:
Anyone know where I can find a lightweight , stong Ti or carbon seat binder ? I need to replace my Spech quick release pig binder (59g +) , on a $ 7000 bike imagine !
those "m2racer" clamps made by Token are very light and rather cheap to get. if you have a Specialized the 34,9mm size should fit.
if money is no object have a look at some german manufacturers like BTP or Lotz-carbon who do carbon clamps. my 34,9 size weighs 6,5g...but those 3g come at a price!

Attachments

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
I tried the Control Tech carbon seat clamp which is 19gms, but it doesn't really produce as much grip as you'd want. At the maximum torque I was willing to try I still had problems with the post slipping (using Tacx on the carbon post), it always stays put with the alloy clamp with a lot less torque on the binder bolt. So fairly light but perhaps not the best thing for clamp action.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
robertinoNY said:
Anyone know where I can find a lightweight , stong Ti or carbon seat binder ? I need to replace my Spech quick release pig binder (59g +) , on a $ 7000 bike imagine !
is it the stock 2 bolt clamp? I really like thoose since one bolt tightens the clamp to the post it self and the bottom bolt compresses the frame to hold the post, maybe get a coupel ti bolts for it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm pretty sure he has a quick release stock on the bike. My bike had the same one, and weighed in at 60grams. I couldn't believe it was that heavy on such an expensive bike either.

I picked up a Token one that is wrapped in white carbonfiber and has a ti bolt gold bolt barrel. It was fairly cheap, looks great and weight in at 15grams. I should have taken a picture of it, but I guess I don't have one.

Good luck!

Rob

·
Registered
620 Posts
nino said:
those "m2racer" clamps made by Token are very light and rather cheap to get. if you have a Specialized the 34,9mm size should fit.
if money is no object have a look at some german manufacturers like BTP or Lotz-carbon who do carbon clamps. my 34,9 size weighs 6,5g...but those 3g come at a price!
I thought these can't be had anymore? Do you have a source for them?

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
read closer!

protocol_droid said:
I thought these can't be had anymore? Do you have a source for them?
read closer (and you can get them on german Ebay: Ebay.de)

·
Registered
620 Posts
nino said:
read closer (and you can get them on german Ebay: Ebay.de)
I should have been more specific. The m2racers I thought could not be found anymore. You mentioned the others from germany and did not state german ebay. I see you are selling them however on ebay.de

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Token

protocol_droid said:
I should have been more specific. The m2racers I thought could not be found anymore. You mentioned the others from germany and did not state german ebay. I see you are selling them however on ebay.de
correct - m2racer has stopped.

BUT as mentioned above Token has picked up that exact design.

·
Dirt Abuser
829 Posts
sstefanov said:
I am using the KCNC Quick release seat binder in 34.9. Working great with a Thomson Elite. It feels surprisingly solid for it's weight.

Stefan
I'm using one too, been great so far w/no issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.