Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have a 73mm bb but the e13 bb comes with spacers for a 68mm. I used 1 2.5mm spacer on the driveside. Install was super easy and straight forward.
I see some wear on the chainring tips in the photos. Have you ridden them yet? What are you 1st impressions of them? I'm about to pull the trigger on a set for my 2010 Yeti ASR 5 carbon to replace the Specialized cranks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
QUOTE=BlownCivic;14248113]I see some wear on the chainring tips in the photos. Have you ridden them yet? What are you 1st impressions of them? I'm about to pull the trigger on a set for my 2010 Yeti ASR 5 carbon to replace the Specialized cranks.[/QUOTE]
I bought them used and rode them for the 1st time this morning. Very solid crankset, BB bearings need some break in time to be get loosened up.

IMG_5501.jpg

IMG_5498.jpg

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Thanks dude. Still very little in the way of non-partisan reviews on the internet. This does help though. I'm about to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
So I finally bought the e*thirteen XCX Carbon Race cranks. I've had them about 2 weeks now. Got them on sale on Ebay from Back Country. $339 USD.

They are every bit as light as advertised. Turned out to be about 35g lighter overall than the previous setup:

Specialized Fact SWorks road crankset with 25mm Hirth spacer and extra long Ti cinch bolt
Garbaruk Melon 32t direct mount ring
World Cyclery BB30 BSA mount angular contact bearing bottom bracket

New setup:

e*thirteen XCX Carbon Race 175mm cranks
Garbaruk Melon 32t e*thirteen direct mount ring
Zipp Vuma Quad bottom bracket

2 extensive rides so far (about 4 1/2 hours total riding) and they've been trouble free.

cranks.jpg

·
Registered
794 Posts
What is a good place to get component weights?

I been looking at cranks as well as some publication for example list the Sram XX1 465g other 483g and up to 493g not sure if is because different version of it or what but that a huge difference when you are looking at the best gram to $ ratio.
R2bike weighs most all of their components and then has a picture of it on the scale.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So I finally bought the e*thirteen XCX Carbon Race cranks. I've had them about 2 weeks now. Got them on sale on Ebay from Back Country. $339 USD.

They are every bit as light as advertised. Turned out to be about 35g lighter overall than the previous setup:

Specialized Fact SWorks road crankset with 25mm Hirth spacer and extra long Ti cinch bolt
Garbaruk Melon 32t direct mount ring
World Cyclery BB30 BSA mount angular contact bearing bottom bracket

New setup:

e*thirteen XCX Carbon Race 175mm cranks
Garbaruk Melon 32t e*thirteen direct mount ring
Zipp Vuma Quad bottom bracket

2 extensive rides so far (about 4 1/2 hours total riding) and they've been trouble free.

Are you still riding on these cranks, any pros and cons you can offer? I’m looking at them right now and the weight is outstanding I’m just a little concerned about longevity.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts