Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please give me advice on some good lightweight grips.
I would like grips that don't slip/twist on carbon bars and don't like them sculptured, just the regular round shape. I figure it would be a good way to lose some weight and my current lock on grips weigh around 63g, so would like to lose a considerable amount. Thanks

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
This year I switched to the Chunkys too, I went from Grip Shift to trigger so I wanted the width back and I wanted to try the thicker grips, might be worth the additional 10gr, especially for long rides and endurance races.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
esi chucky grips are awesome. Today's fashion tip ;)...don't get the white grips if you like to do trail work with your riding gloves. They get dirty quick and are hard to clean.

G

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
G-Live said:
esi chucky grips are awesome. Today's fashion tip ;)...don't get the white grips if you like to do trail work with your riding gloves. They get dirty quick and are hard to clean.

G
And I just got white ones! :madman: Well, I usually will be on my AM bike and not my race bike if I do trail work... :thumbsup:

·
gone for a bike ride
1,973 Posts
http://www.poshbikes.com/product.php?id=256

local to you Pete is Poshbikes, they make grand claims that these 'Nitrile' (NPVC) MTB grips are the worlds lightest @ 15g for £9.50 not bad price compared to Extralite foamers which can slip, these might stay inplace okay

i'm also really liking ESI grips, 100x better than regular foam for anything but weenie weigh-ins. Chunky's are on all our trailbikes Racers Edge is great too on my err "racer" (mostly trainer)

avoid white ESI's as they don't stay white very long & leach dye from gloves (even carpets) and loose their goods looks very quickly

(pic 15g (?) Poshbikes NPVC MTB grips)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I am going to go with the Poshbikes NPVC grips which look good. They claim to be good for absorbing vibration, comfortable and don't slip or degrade through sweat or water. I have also dealt with Poshbikes a few times and they are very good. For £9.50 they are well worth a try, and if I don't like them i'll go for the Chunkys. The black ones, when cut to my size will come in at about 19g, so a very cheap way to lose the best part of 50g.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.