Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on buying a pre made or configuring a custom wheelset for non disc Ti Mt Bike. I have looked at Crossmax SL and XL and both seem like a good solution. Also like XTR stuff but it appears all pre built wheelsets have gone Disc. Spent hours on Performance, BlueSky, Richards, MTB reading reviews and looking at prices and options and still semi confused.

I would like to get a light weight, fast, durable wheelset for V brake and looks like bang for the buck is Sl's at $629, Xl's at $499 or going 717/Hope ProII/revolution for $750 or so. Plan on getting Santa Cruz Blur next summer and finally joining the full suspension and disc brake crowd but nothing climbs like a Tellico 6/4 Ti, XTR at 20.5 lbs!

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Mavic

Crossmax SLR Rim. Even available with Ceramic brake surface.
They're in the 1400 gram range and spendy.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
i would get Industry Nine with either DT Swiss 4.1 ceramic (as I just talked a friend into) or even the Stans 355 rims for more weight savings.

I would definitley not get Mavic prebuilts....but that is just me.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Yep - A bling Ti ride needs I9 wheels. The DT4.1 ceramic is a good solid rim choice.

The I9 hub is worlds better than the Prebuilt Mavics.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just get something custom made. For that price range you could get some nice light Mavic/DT/Velocity/etc. rims laced to Chris King/DT Swiss/etc. hubs. I would buy those any day over factory built wheels.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
gabe0807 said:
Just get something custom made. For that price range you could get some nice light Mavic/DT/Velocity/etc. rims laced to Chris King/DT Swiss/etc. hubs. I would buy those any day over factory built wheels.
so would i (ie, over Mavic crap), but no way over an I9 wheelset

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.