Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MTB Dad
32 Posts
I'm assuming you're looking at the 406 BSD rims with the 135mm disc brake hubs...why not just get some Shimano XT hubs laced to Sun Envy rims? Sometimes piece of mind, quality control, and customer support are worth a few more dollars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming you're looking at the 406 BSD rims with the 135mm disc brake hubs...why not just get some Shimano XT hubs laced to Sun Envy rims? Sometimes piece of mind, quality control, and customer support are worth a few more dollars.
To get something even vaguely close to the same weight the cost of the spokes and build before the rims and hoops would be more than these wheels cost. At 39 lbs i'm not concerned that she is going to blow them up. I'm not willing to drop 3-4x the money to have XT and Envy...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought this exact pair of wheels from Aliexpres and few months ago. They're awesome and light. Perfect for kids. Zero problems. Rims are pretty narrow but, I managed to set them up tubeless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.