Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Im a tinkerer. I like messin with stuff that dont need messin with. As far as the Fuel 8 goes, what are some of the things that one can do to lightnin it up? Im sure wheels will be a big first since the Bontragers are really heavy.

Thoughts?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Definitely go tubeless - with the Bontrager TLR system it is very easy. The last I checked, the Race Lite front wheel was almost as light as a Race X Lite, so only upgrading the rear wheel will save you much weight. Why do you want to make it lighter? Racing, or just because. I would just use it as it is and upgrade as stuff wears out or you figure out what you don't like. I've found stuff that is farthest from the bottom bracket makes the most noticeable difference while riding - stuff like the seat, seat post, bars, etc.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Here goes. On my EX8 I did the following

1. Wheels & tyres
2. Complete XT group set and brakes
3. 2x9 setup (24T / 36T)
4. Bonty XXX carbon bars/stem/seat post
5. WTB Rocket V saddle

·
not really an mtbr member
640 Posts
JAKEEFER said:
the race disc are decently light but the RL or RXL or RXXXL's are all lighter and Crossmax and such would shave weight as well.
the race disc is a 2000+ gram wheelset. fairly easy to shave weight. you could easily cut half a pound, maybe a pound depending on how you ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.